Friday, September 18, 2009

A Fog Memory

As I drove in to work today, happy that it is indeed Friday, and that I do indeed have a date with my charming husband tonight... I gazed upon this lovely gray veil blanketing the city before me. Fog! Gloriously wonderful FOG! Could it be? Yes! Not a glimpse of sun in sight! I rolled down my windows, and opened my sunroof as Norah Jones came singing softly on the radio. Could a morning be more lovely? Immediately I was transported back, a vivid memory rushing forth, to a time when I drove down the streets of lazy Salem-town to my favorite place, the Greenhouse Cafe. I spent many foggy Saturday mornings there in that cozy old home-turned coffeehouse- painted green. I would sit next to the fireplace, sipping a rich white chocolate mocha, journaling about the future, and listening to a local jazzy-folk musician slouched in the corner. Those were good days. It was fun to re-live that memory for a moment today. I love the fog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely memory and thank you for sharing it. Oregon says hello :)

Amanda said...

The Greenhouse is now a new breakfast place, or so I hear.

Hope you are having fun on your date night!