The problem with this boy is that he makes me want to have four more babies... I'm not kidding. I do not know if our family could handle four more babies, but maybe we could if they were just like this one. He is soooooooo sweet and such an easy happy baby. He makes all my momma dreams come true. Sleeps for 10-12 hours straight at night. Smiles practically every time I glance his way. Is happy as a clam traveling in the car, and even naps there! And OH, the hugs. Isaiah gives the very best baby hugs. When I pick him up from a nap, or practically whenever, he snuggles his face in my neck and squeezes one shoulder and the other arm around my neck and squeeeeeeeals. His favorite thing ever is kisses on his cheeks and neck and tummy. I can get serious belly laughs from him when I do this. Joaquin is pretty smitten with him too, as he is able to get the same response as I do. Isaiah does not, however, care much for rolling over, being on his tummy, or anything that is extra strenuous. He enjoys lounging, and having toys handed to him, which suits his laid-back nature.
But don't you worry about our little Max, as we love him a crazy amount too. This boy is impressing us more and more each day about what he is soaking up. Our little sponge. Just this week he saw the sign "Blessed" on our fireplace mantle and exclaimed to me, "Momma! The letter "B"!!" He also recognizes the letter "O" with equal exuberance. A couple evenings ago I was making dinner when I suddenly realized that I had not seen nor heard Max for awhile. So I called out to him and he did not respond. My "mom-anxiety" piqued, I turned the stove off and went on a hunt, expecting to find my curious toddler in trouble somewhere. I called out a few more times as I looked around, and from out on the patio I hear, "Momma, I OW-SIDE! Max a -readin!" And I found him sitting peacefully at his picnic table with a stack of books he had hauled outside sitting next to him. He sweetly batted his dark long lashes at me and asked, "Momma, you sit a me? Momma, you read a book a Max?" And I could not resist those blue eyes and sweet offer. Sometimes dinner just has to wait.
Other activities that Max enjoys lately? Humming the Olympic theme song and pretending to swim on the carpet with his dad. Now who taught him these things? Hmm. Max has fallen head over heels for Elmo, Burt and Ernie in the past few weeks. I mentioned this before. Up until a month ago, this boy has had no interest in movies or tv. I considered this a great thing, until I needed a few moments where I could get something done (shower) and not worry about what he was into. Enter Sesame Street. I strap the baby into a seat with toys (locking him into the bedroom with me, toddler still not to be trusted) and turn on the "Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away..." And Max jumps and laughs and yells out all the character names as they appear across the screen. And I can shower carefree! We are still learning to take naps with the boys in the same room. Really the only problem is when Isaiah does not take a morning nap and wants to go down for an early afternoon nap and throw everything off. We work it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment