I found this quote the other day and thought I'd pass it along to all of you. Though I may not agree with the author's theology, this thought is well expressed. It sums up what I have been wanting out of life, or more accurately, what I want to want to be :). Doesn't it seem that our heads and hearts don't always match up? I have plenty of lovely thoughts on what I want out of life and the kind of person who I want to be, but in my heart resides this sin that hinders and tangles and keeps me from being all that I want to be. By the grace of God, He works throughout my tangled mess and sets me free to love as I should, respond with grace and compassion, and to be content in every situation. Without further adieu...
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
WILLIAM HENRY CHANNING
1 comment:
Great quote! :)
Post a Comment