Thursday, April 24, 2008

Colors! Colors!

My mind has been drifting often to colors these days. With the prospect of a new home looming in the very near future (two weeks!), and the blessing of HomeDepot gift cards from my ridiculously generous coworkers, I cannot help but dream of drenching these new walls in glorious colors! And by glorious I mean what is below. I am the kind of person who very affected by color. And by smell... And by touch actually. Call me the sensory-type. Color palettes can literally get me giddy with joy. I think that whoever came up with those sample paint swatches for stores was a pretty wonderful person. When I was a kid, my dad loved to take (read: drag) the family to the local home improvement store for HOURS (literally). And often times I would come home with a few paper treasures in my pocket. They looked like little rainbows to me. When I am at my desk at work these thoughts float through my mind: the kitchen walls are that soft brown, with pale gray counter tops and white tiled floors. Should I add more blue? or green? ... if I paint the hutch green will it be too much, or add what I'm looking for?

Personally, I think PotteryBarn is pretty much a haven of glorious color this season. I would encourage you to head on over to their website. I want these:

AND this blue color is what I'd like to do with at least one wall in our bedroom. Isn't it yummy?

As much as I like dabbling with lots of different hues, BLUE really is MY color. Blue in all different variations. It just puts me at rest.

No comments: