Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm eating Fat Free Banana & Strawberry yogurt

And its pretty gross. Those of you who know me well know first-off my aversion to anything labeled "Fat Free." That phrase typically equates to "does not taste good." I have been raised to avoid such food (hi mom!). If I'm going to eat it, it ought to taste good! I am making an exception this morning because I'm hungry and I hate to waste what I've got. I took a chance on this yogurt, being that it has banan flavoring, and my suspicions have been confirmed. I love bananas, unlike my friend Amber who gags at the very thought of them (Hi Amber:)!!). But I hate. banana. flavoring. Gag.

In other happier news, I had such a lovely, relaxing weekend. I am finding out that the older I get, the more I love staying home. This past weekend was quite ideal for me. Friday was a half-day at work so I had time enough to get all my shopping errands/running around done. Saturday brought lots of time to clean and to cook for our gusts coming over in the evening. Sunday was lazy and slow and I caught up on ironing and reading and working on my Bible study.

I have a co-worker who is getting married at the end of this month and leaving our department (she must move to San Diego, poor thing!). Instead of filling her vacant position, the managers in our office got together and decided to divvy out her responsibilities. It was a wise decision, and the bonus is, I get to learn new things and add a little more diversity to my job! This always makes me happy. One thing I have been trained on is Ergonomics. This has literally changed my life. For those of you finding yourself unawares of this term, my dictionary defines ergonomics as "workplace design intended to provide optimum comfort and to avoid stress or injury." I had a "workstation evaluation" which has made such a difference to me, though it has thrown off my coworkers a bit. Not everyone adjusts to change (or craves it) as easily as I do. Most items on my desk had to be shifted around for a more optimal location and easier access. Call it feng shui of the office. Well, mostly its just practicality, efficiency and common sense. Apparently I did not have enough of this when I first set up my work space. I look forward to providing this service to many poor ergonomically incorrect souls across campus. Hurray!

Nephews update. These boys continue to grow both in size and a place in our hearts. Banner, my baby, oh he is so precious. I wish I had a picture to show you of his soft spikey hair. He knows and loves his Tia Jess and this makes me very happy. I can almost always get a grin out of his serious and quizzical face. He watches life so intently and is trying so hard to speak, though he has many months to go before his babbling makes any sense (hes just around 9 months). We do have some serious conversations, however. Banner talks to me because I understand him :). Clark is our wild boy and so stubborn and so smart. A terrifying combination. While Clark exuberantly pushed his new trash truck all over our home on Saturday, my sis in law, looked at me seriously, eyes imploring, "Please Jessica, when you guys have babies, PLEASE give us girls! Think of the family!" We'll see :). I must say though, as Clark grows, learning more words and how to better express himself, he is becoming quite charming. Joaquin spent time last night over at his brother's place and he came home to tell me the cutest story about these two. Banner was grunting and yelling out in the family room (apparently hunting for Clark). Clark turned to Joaquin with a smile and said, "You hear my Banner? He's talkin." Soon enough, Banner crawled on in to the bedroom and announced his arrival with an exclamation of, "Ugh! UH! Oh." Clark giggled and picked him up and turned Banner around to face the hallway and Banner crawled right out, content to have found where his big brother was. They played this game a few more times. I love seeing siblings enjoy each other and play together. Its the cutest thing.

Thats all for now. Riveting stuff, I tell ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love all your pix at work, teehee!

Anonymous said...

Bananas...gross! Banana flavoring...even worse! YUCK!
FYI-I buy Danon Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt. It is also fat free, but it is delicious. I compare it to eating ice cream..and you know that means a lot coming from me.

Kelsey said...

I buy Greek yogurt. It comes in two flavors: Greek, and More Greek. (AKA, a little sour, and more sour.) BUT with some fresh honey, MMMMMMMMMM. :) I have it every day now!

R.A. said...

Hey dear, I have a letter that I'd like your mother-in-law to see, but wasn't sure which email address would be best to send it to. I don't know if she has email, or if I should send it to you! Do let me know...