Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Silly girls.
For the last ten minutes I have endured the continuous giggling of two female students on the other side of my cubicle wall. They obviously think that there is something quite hilarious about applying for a job on campus. They sound like they are much younger than they are, the way they are carrying on-- in a professional workplace setting. I sit here in judgment on them and turn up the volume on my classical opera music playing on my computer. Hoping they hear it and get a clue. And then suddenly I was accosted by the question, "Was I that silly when I was in college??" Of course I was. And worse, likely... though there are only a few that experienced this firsthand. You know who you are. Isn't it a curiosity how life and time so changes a person? I feel like an Adult now. I am married. I use coupons. I have a mortgage. I spend my free time cleaning my house, not asking who will be where as to ascertain the best hang out option that guarantees the most fun. I use words like ascertain... Working on a college campus often provides me with reminders of years past. When that was me. When I was that ridiculous 20 year old girl doing whatever I could to not look at M'Che in the eye during class or we would totally lose over to laughter and disturb the entire class. *sigh* What a good life I have had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment