Oh, it was a gloriously wonderful weekend. So relaxing. Lots of precious moments. Some with my husband, and others with friends and family. Like when my nephew Clark, reached over to me at lunch on Saturday, touched my arm gently and said sweetly, "Tia Jess, you are the best." And then later while I hugged him on my lap he exclaimed that he just loved me so so much! Such a treasure, that three year old. Earlier Joaquin taught him that rollie pollies (pill bugs) do not bite, and are fun to hold. So the rest of the day was about searching for rollie pollies. We took him on an errand with us to the store before swinging him back by his parent's place. I love that at his age, everything and anything can be special. He is not hard to please. Just driving in our car, giving him special attention, and singing our songs, makes him so happy. I love a child's sense of delight, it is a very refreshing thing.
The garage sale on Saturday was a success! I actually made $110! Woo-hoo! I have to admit, that money has already been spent after a little trip to IKEA yesterday. :) But Joaquin hit the nail on the head when he said, "Its great spending money on stuff you really want from junk you didn't need." Not all the money was spent at IKEA, but enough. Joaquin was so sweet to take me there. I know its not his favorite place, but we had such a great time.
On Sunday it was our turn to host our small group over. It was a very small group, as half of our group was out of town. I decided to take the opportunity to make a fun summer-time meal that consisted of pulled pork sandwiches, sweet white corn on the cob, watermelon, macaroni salad, and to finish it off-- homemade lemon bars! Oh YUM! Those lemon bars were so easy to make and absolutely delicious. I am adding that recipe to my favorites. I can post it if anyone is interested.
The weather this weekend was absolutely ideal. We have the best cross-breeze in our place, and I enjoy having all the windows open. Monday was a lazy comfortable day that began with a Mcafe Mocha and egg Mcmuffin while headed to IKEA. :). Lovely. Joaquin and a friend, Clyde, went golfing in the afternoon, and had a great time (thanks, mom!). The day ended with a barbecue with friends and a game of Settlers that Joaquin and I actually won! Sweet victory! We always lose that game together...
So, all in all, a nearly perfect weekend.
2 comments:
Fun weekend! I need you to come and cook for me...I have been craving American summertime meals and everything that entails!
The dinner was delicious! I can't stop thinking about how good it was!!! THANK YOU!
Post a Comment