Friday, May 22, 2009

A Plethora

So, its been awhile. I can give many excuses, but essentially it comes down to so much being up in the air and not feeling the need to sort it all out in a public place. We have had lots of great things goin on. I wish I had my pictures uploaded to share with you. But, alas. Here are a few things that we are up to:

1. Garage Sale. Gosh, it is a lovely thing to sort through all my junk in hopes of it sailing far away to be someone else's junk. I have found a lot of freedom in this process of spring cleaning. All my things just weigh me down, and I want to be free of them. If I have not used it recently, or love it dearly, its going. And that's it. This makes Joaquin VERY happy, indeed. He is not attached to things (well except his books), like I am.

2. Ralphie is being sold. She just isn't doing it for me anymore. The style and color were too bold for our room, and her drawers provided little space. Hopefully she will find someone else to love her at the garage sale.

3. Sweet Six. After many weeks, we finally found a time to have two sets of couples from our adult Bible class over tonight. They call it "Sweet Six" and the idea is to have intentional time to build community and get to know other couples within the class that we do not already know well. Should be fun! I am making Apple Cake Goodness since I bought apples from Costco and there are still LOTS. Joaquin is pretty happy about this because this is one of his favorite desserts. In fact, I made it last weekend by his request, for his birthday. It IS pretty amazing, and amazingly easy too, which I love. I added the "Goodness" tag because of the buttery brown sugar sauce that is drizzled over the top, and on the top of the vanilla bean ice cream that it is served alongside.

4. I LOVE this time of the year. Our weather is amazing, and now that the days are longer, I feel like I can accomplish so much more in the evenings. Since the evenings have been so nice and cool, I have been out to run three times this week! THREE times!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wowwie-Zowwie! Sounds like you've been a highly productive girl - getting ready to yard sale your stuff, making yummie desserts and entertaining. Your description of Apple Cake makes my mouth water!