
When I was little I just adored dollhouses. ADORED them. One year I received a kit to build my own, and I did it all by myself. The plan was to build it with my dad, who is an expert at building things. But alas, patience has never been a strength of mine. The walls of my little two-story house weren't perfect, but the wood glue worked miracles. I painted it a robin's egg blue with white trim. It had a shingled roof, and a cozy covered front porch, and looked like it was built to sit on a hill in San Francisco, overlooking a beautiful harbor view. My imagination just came to life thinking about how I would decorate each little room. I thought a lot about how the house's little porcelain family lived and loved their home... How the mom would soak in the clawfoot tub every night... and the blond-haired delicate baby would soundly sleep in the white crib... and the little girl practice for hours at the grand piano. That doll house provided hours of charming daydreams. It now sits in the closet of my mom's office. Someday I hope to pass it along to a daughter.
Today I discovered a simpler and less spendy doll house that would have totally thrilled my heart (it certainly did today!). Check it out by clicking on the image above, or here. Can't you imagine all of the possibilities?
No comments:
Post a Comment