Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eat this Book...

I must admit, I am a bit of a failure when it comes to daily taking in Scripture. But lately I keep hearing an encouraging whisper here and there, a nudge in the right direction, or an unexpected hour alone (with all chores completed) to do whatever I want. And so I sit and I read. After reading I wonder why it was so hard to get there in the first place.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
Psalm 1:2-3


This morning I smiled as I found a common thread in two posts from bloggers that I love, please check them out. These ladies excel in their gift with words.

How I eat this book by the Run a Muck

How to Read the Bible: Eat this Book by Holy Experience

No comments: