I think today may be the last day that I can reasonably wear my favorite dress for a good long while. I bought it to wear to my wedding rehearsal, and it has served me well on so many occasions. Today, it is too snug up top, and I had quite the struggle to zip it up this morning. Its just a bit sad. This is my "go-to" dress, one that I always feel pretty in and wear with various colored cardis. And you know how I love my cardis. Today, as you can see, I grabbed the green one. I feel quite largish today, and that scares me as I am not looking month 4 in the face yet. This is just week 14! Figs is supposedly the size of a lemon, but judging from my belly, I call her/him at least a grapefruit! I am not overly hungry, and I think that I keep my eating within good limits. No cravings thus far, though I kinda think that will be fun. Bring on the pickles and ice cream! I must admit, I have watched other women who are far along in their pregnancies almost in terror: will I be so huge? Perhaps... And that's okay... As long as my baby is healthy. Right? :) right! Gathering a whole new wardrobe is tricky when you are trying not to spend money. I have gotten some nice foundational pieces thus far, and am so grateful to a gal at church who has offered this week to pack me up some of her recently used maternity wear. Bless her heart! But you know, sometimes I eye what I have purchased so far and doubt if I will fit in it in a couple of months at the rate I am growing. We shall see now, won't we!So, farewell pretty black and white dress... Maybe we'll meet again next spring?
3 comments:
I think the most humiliating part of being pregnant is the last month or so when your belly hangs out of maternity tops because nothing is long enough!
Good luck on your search for affordable maternity wear! Target has affordable stuff, as does Ross!
Oh, Jess, you will be gorgeousness no matter how large your pregnancy tummy gets. Honest. And you've always dressed so classy and pulled outfits together so well, you'll make it, although i know it's hard (I went shopping with Torrey a few times and it made ME nearly want to pull my hair out!) :D And yes, the most important thing is that Figs is healthy...which of course means an optimal pregnancy weight for mum, not too little nor too much! You'll be fine. :)
P.S. Oakland needs trees. :(
What?! How did I miss this news?!! Yay, BABIES!! How exciting!! How many exclamation points did I just type, lol?! This is such wonderful news :) Keep me posted, J is for Jewel... :)
Post a Comment