Ok, so again, not the greatest picture... I am trying to document each week on the same day through my Mac's camera at work :). And at the end I shall put them all together in one glorious mosaic of growing belly shots!It has been a good week thus far. I feel good, have more energy, and am getting a lot done at home. I made dinner for us at least three times this week, which feels quite successful.
I have yet to report on our wonderful trip up north to my parent's home. That is because I hope to show pictures. Here's to hoping! We did have such a nice and relaxing time with them, inhaling the beauty of their rainy Fall weather. The bright yellows, ambers and reds on the trees were good for the soul. And, of course, mom fed us very well. We had fun heading up the mountain and eating our way through Apple Hill. Lets just say apple strudel, apple donuts, apple cider, apple turnover... Appley goodness! Sticking to the desserts is just my mom's style. By the end of it all, I think we were apple'd out!
Speaking of my mom and more apples... I got a couple of urgent sounding messages from her on my cell vm last Saturday, whilst we were over at Oak Glen, enjoying more... apples... though this time with the Garcia clan. My cell had lost its signal as mom was eagerly trying to contact me regarding a very happy discovery that morning: my parent's neighborhood was having a yard sale! Mom was finding fabulous deals on practically brand new Graco baby items and wanted my opinion on what to pick up. In the end, she bought more than a bushel-full of great stuff before I could even call her back! She figured if I didn't like it, she could find someone else to enjoy it, but I love it! I'm so excited to see it all when they come down for a visit in December.

Since Joaquin and I are planning to sell our place and move shortly after the lil one arrives, we have decided to not buy baby furniture quite yet. We do not need to add anything else to our large quantity of furniture to pack and move. And quite honestly, we haven't a clue as to where we'll end up! Life is exciting, no doubt about it. With this in mind, mom found this precious bassinet at the community-wide garage sale for Figs to sleep in the first few months. I love that it has wheels so we can easily push it around or out of the way. And the color is a nice soothing neutral that I can totally work with! :) And better than that, all the other pieces that mom bought matched this Graco sage green. Yay for matching! This baby thing is a blast!
3 comments:
Such a perfect little bassinet! Sophia didn't even sleep in her crib until she was 3 to 4 months old. This little bed will be a lifesaver since you can move it to wherever makes the most sense at the time. Three cheers for yardsales and good deals!
Cooper also slept in the bassinet feaature of his PNP until he was about 4 months old. Then to the crib! Though he did nap in his crib during the day time. Save where you can so you splurge on the big stuff! Like awesome strollers! :)
But why are you always headless? :D
If you can keep it up: one of my college roommates took a photo of their kiddos every week in the same chair for about four years--four years of the oldest boy and two of the youngest. It was amazing to see them grow, and digital is so cheap...
Post a Comment