2. Max has started a bad habit of scratching his poor little head and pulling his hair. I am constantly pulling his hands away from his head and I must be diligent about keeping his wee little fingernails cut short.
3. Its rare that I get an opportunity to make a real lunch. Most days lately lunch has consisted of crackers, mozzarella and dry salami (yum!).
4. This past week I have had to get up more than usual in the middle of the night to feed the lil man. And you know what I've learned? Instead of resenting it as I had early on, I now accept it. Its a part of the job, and I am grateful to have this job. I still miss the sleep of course...
5. We have still not sold our home. It stinks, but we hold onto hope. Each day a new realtor and client have come through and each day I think, "This could be it!"
6. I love my boy for sure, but I often long to talk about other things than babies. For that reason, I do not find myself particularly drawn to mommies groups. Maybe if I could find a mommy group that wants to discuss spiritual things, literature, culture, or cooking or hospitality? Anything other than babies. I find myself, rightly I believe, desiring that I do not get lost in the definition of "mom." I am incredibly grateful to be a mom, but I feel I am more than that too. Perhaps this is just part of the adjustment to my new role. I really want to have other things to talk with my husband about other than Max's naptimes and whether or not he finally had that poopy diaper. I mean, really.
7. I got out to the mall with Max for the first time this week. I realized once there how perhaps it had been too long since I had been out... Real people! The smell of new clothes and shoes! The sparkle of the light reflecting off the department store floors! It was all so wonderful. I smiled like a crazy lady at every person I passed. Unfortunately Max was not as thrilled to be there. He is pretty jumpy, startles easily, and is quick to et everyone know when he is NOT happy. Max found the lights and sounds to be a tad frightening... So I hauled his thirteen plus pounds out of the stroller and into the carrier I brought just in case. I became one of "those moms." I often wondered before why some women insisted on carrying their child while pushing a perfectly cushy and capable empty stroller? haha. Now I know. These women simply wanted to shop in peace. For.the.love. Bless their hearts, each and every one of them.
8. I have been trying very hard to stay away from sweets in an effort to lose some more pounds... And then yesterday I had a few lovely ladies over and I made cake box cookies. WHAT WAS I THINKING?? These chocolate wonders with chocolate chips are totally irresistible. I simply cannot resist them. They are a-mazing. Especially with a glass of milk, or a cup of coffee, or just by themselves...
2 comments:
#6: Amen and amen! I SOOOOOOO get that one. Trust me...I have sent Doug at least 5 emails today talking about nothing but Cooper's potty training. The last email being full of exclamation points about the poop in the potty chair. I so seriously get this one. How romantic is THAT to read about while sitting in a war zone? :)
Maybe try looking for some kind of hobby group or Bible study or something that is child friendly so you can bring him with, but it's not centered around parenting talk.
oh but they're delicious. thank you for the cookies!
at least you get around to posting, you beat me.
Post a Comment