Tuesday, August 17, 2010

At Last


It has been much much too long since I wrote here last and there is so much going on! It is hard for me to sit down to type when there are so many other things to get done. I can type short one-handed emails or FB posts while feeding Max, but that's about it these days. Our little boy's sleeping patterns have been somewhat erratic. Last night we were up a LOT. And just this afternoon, he woke up early from a nap but I was able to coax him back down with a little trick I've learned. I sing. It works 90% of the time-- a little elixir charming its way in his ears to woo him back to dreamy land. What do I sing, you ask? Every time: "Jesus, Name Above All Names." Apparently, it is a relaxing tune.

Here are the words... Oh, and the lyric police out there, please forgive me if I have them a bit wrong. It is just my way, and Joaquin laughs at me often for it, but Max could care less:)...

Jesus, Name above all names,
Beautiful Savior,
Glorious Lo---ooooord,
Immanuel, God is with us,
Blessed Redeemer,
Living Word.

So, I should now tell you all that we have sold our beloved home and we are moving out in a couple weeks! Praise God! His timing is perfect! Our escrow closes at the end of the month, but all of the big things have taken place so far in the process, so we can (and have) make plans to move. We continue to praise God for the sell of our condo, as the market currently is a difficult one, and we are walking away with money in our pockets still. We have already managed to locate a rental home for us to move into. I am SO excited, for multiple reasons. I'm the kinda girl that enjoys change, especially when it comes to one's living areas. The new rental is older (has some personality), with a 50's style kitchen and oh-so lovely wood floors. My heart swoons over those floors. The rental needs some TLC, but it makes my little mind whirl all the more with ideas on how to make it pretty and homey and all our own. The owner agreed to let us paint the walls, and he is giving us the key over a week early so that we can paint and slowly move in. Joaquin has tucked away a large portion of the money he received from graduation, and we are set to buy ourselves a brand new, proper sectional couch. We are practically giddy about this. We love to have people over, and this couch will maximize our seating in our space.

We are moving about 30 minutes away from our current place. Not too far, but this is a significant and strategic decision. I am now free to tell you the reason for a lot of the changes afoot around here: Joaquin has gotten a new job! Again, praise God! His last day with his current financial company is this Friday! We are in major count-down mode! His job has been a great provider for us, and we are thankful for that. However, now he can officially move into an area of strength and passion, in alignment with what he has gone to school for, and God has called him to. On September 1, Joaquin starts working for our church full-time. His title is, "Campus Pastor/Multi-site Director." Sweet. Our church is taking on a new and exciting endeavor to reach out and meet more needs in the community by opening a second campus in another part of the city. Joaquin will be overseeing this, and once services start next Easter, he will be responsible for preaching half time. I am looking forward to watching how God uses and grows Joaquin in this new capacity. We are so humbled and blessed by this new full-time opportunity which will afford us the ability to keep me home with Max. It is going to be tight, but that just means I will continue to be creative at finding the best deals in town. That is something I love anyways.

In preparation for the move, I am a busy bee. I'm trying to be free of my stuff as much as possible. I keep saying things like, "I have not used this in years, it is GOING," and, "I own my stuff, my stuff doesn't own me." It is amazing what two (now three) persons can accumulate in just a couple years time. We are using this time to simplify life and get rid of what we absolutely do not need or love. Its quite freeing and kinda thrilling actually. I went through my closet and took out a bundle of "work" clothes that I will obviously not be wearing for a good long while. I put them in a very large bag and handed them off to friends. It was only slightly painful. :) We have furniture for sale on craigslist that will not fit in the new place. And more recently, I am getting really creative in the kitchen, trying to use up all the food in the fridge and pantry. Poor Joaquin is in for some really "interesting" cuisine these next couple of weeks. Our motto: the less we have to move, the better! And so it goes...

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! Congrats to Joaquin!

Y'all sound so busy and just HAPPY and I love it. :)

Cooper loves when I sing to him too. At 2+ he'll still cuddle up with me in my favorite big chair and stay there forever as long as I keep singing.

Unknown said...

Well now, this was a delightful post!!! So many exciting and blessed changes in your life. What a beautiful time for you and your family. Congratulations on all counts.

Michele said...

LOVE THE BAG OF WORK CLOTHES!!!!! I'm wearing some today- and some yesterday!!!! Such a blessing-- you have really, really nice work clothes!!!!

Michele said...

LOVE THE BAG OF WORK CLOTHES!!!!! I'm wearing some today- and some yesterday!!!! Such a blessing-- you have really, really nice work clothes!!!!

april said...

I'm looking forward to being neighbors! :) I'll even baby sit once in a while if you like!