Sunday, December 5, 2010

November came and went...

November was a really good month. It feels like we are starting to really settle in here, both in the neighborhood, and in the rhythms of everyday family life. We continue to love our charming tiny duplex-home. Tonight it is cozy and sparkling for the Christmas holiday that is quickly approaching.
The table all ready hours beforehand :).

Tosh, Grandpa (Huito), Tia Cris, Joaquin, Cousin Josh, Tia Eva

Our stove was really busy.

Pulling out the turkey

We had Thanksgiving here, and moved all the furniture around in every which way to fit our expanded dining table in the living room. Not only were we hosting, with some of Joaquin's family attending, but we were officially in charge of all the food too. Very exciting stuff. The day could have been really overwhelming, but I must say, I have an amazing husband, y'all. We are a team, and I'm so thankful to God for that. I did what I do best: clean, decorate, plan the details. And as for the food, I was in charge of just the turkey and that was easy as could be: stick it in the bag, shove the bird into the oven and wa-laa! (I mean, I cleaned it first and all). Joaquin basically took care of all the rest: mashed potatoes (Pioneer Woman's amazing recipe), Luz's green beans, and her secret recipe for stuffing too. It was all delicious, and the day was just so lovely. We did not feel a bit stressed, and it all came together so nicely. And Max was like whipped cream atop the punkin pie. Oh how I sure do love that little guy! He ate the baby version of turkey, sweet potato, and squash.


A few things I'm feeling very thankful for these days:

1. Jesus. His love casts out all fear. His mission challenges me, propelling me forward, and brings purpose to all the details of my life.

2. Joaquin. He is my hero, my big dreamer, my snuggle-uf-agus, and my best friend.

3. Max. Oye. The love one has for their child can hardly be put into words. He makes me better, and softer, and helps me to slow down and enjoy the now. The joy that daily bursts forth from our hearts because of this child is unparalleled to anything I could dream up. I love to squeeze and kiss him multiple times a day, and as I do it I say, "It is my prerogative as your momma to do this as often as I please."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your new place looks so homey! I love it! Reminds me of Mary Englebright...The new dining table is perfect, too. And where did you get that adoreable, flowy blue top in the turkey pic? Manda wants one... ;)