
I'm not sure if anyone reads this thing anymore, as I am sooo bad at posting, but here goes! Its fun for me to look back on some of the details of my life. I am not good at journaling and recording outside this space.
Joaquin and I went out last night on a real date, which had been a long time in coming. He was super sweet and contacted a friend of ours to babysit Max, and made all the arrangements. He planned to keep it all a surprise, but that lasted only four days. Good news is hard to keep! As we were having dinner last night, we were reflecting on "life with Max" and such. He has become such a sweet little guy, and so precious to us. And our day to day is so much more peaceful. He has slept almost 11 to 12 hours straight through each night this past week. Glorious! We are watching him grow and change right before our eyes! Max now sits on his own, which is great because he does not love to be on his belly or back very long. He gets impatient to see what is going on around him. Joaquin was saying last night how important it is to enjoy every moment, as they pass too quickly. And its so true. As mommas, especially, it is so easy to get wound up in the questions of "Is he eating enough? Is he supposed to do that? Are we on track? Am I doing enough?" All these little worries can make us miss out on today. And today is what is really important. I know that when I am totally present in the moment with Max, I am at peace. I am able to sing more, laugh more, and love him more. And in the end, those things make me a better momma. The fretting does not.
Things that Max is up to:
- Sitting up on his own.
- Eating a whole bunch of solids: sweet taters, peas, peaches, bananas, turkey, chicken, carrots, prunes....
- Gibberish. "Yaaah yah yahhhh Ehhhhhh EeEEeEh" and so on and so forth. All day.
- He is very curious, and studies new people and things intently.
- Sleeping very well. Two naps and a nice long stretch at night.
- Gets excited to see daddy. This is one of my great joys: Joaquin comes home from work and Max just lights up the room. I really try to encourage this.
- Sways and attempts to crawl. Gives up pretty easily when he's tired.
- Loves the stack-able colored cups. Bangbangbang.
- Enjoys looking at books.
- Squeals.
- Laughs and giggles when being tickled, flying like superman, or swinging in his johnny jumper.
- Still loves to JUMP JUMP JUMP
- Cuddles in the morning. Oh how I love this time. I treasure it as I know it may be very short!
Can I just say here that I am so thankful for my husband?! He is so good to us. I feel the love of God flow right through him to me. He puts us above most things and I acutely feel that we are his priority. And not in a, "I have other things I'd rather be doing." But genuinely, "You are my family and I do this because I love you." And boy, do I sure feel loved. Joaquin is so good at serving, helping, and attending to me. He is so helpful with our home and with Max. I'd like to claim it and say, "I sure picked a winner!" but really, God did it and I am just positively blessed.
5 comments:
I still read your blog and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing all the things that Max is up to!!! Praise God for the long stretches of sleep!!! And, can't wait to come over again soon and watch him JUMP, JUMP, JUMP!!!
Oh Miss Jess - what a sweet little boy Mr. Max is! He looks so much like you these days! I enjoyed the little report of his progress and the happinenings of your household. It's hard to have time for a blog when they are so young, but you still have a faithful following out here!
I still read too! I check every day for new posts!
he is such a sweetie.
Good husbands are the best gift from God. I love that all my friends have been as blessed as I have been.
Yes, I check every morning when I get to work, hoping you may have posted something new! I love hearing you describe your husband and the blessing he is to you and the man of God he is. I hope he reads your blog!! These will be treasures for Max to read one day, too!
I read it too--and the following feed feature helps me know whether or not to check. Max is adorable! And i'm glad you two got out for a date night. :)
Post a Comment