He likes it. :)
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Shuffling and Growth
Joaquin came home to a surprise last night. I had been busy! My wheels are always turning when it comes to our home: how to make it pretty, and welcoming, and efficient with the best use of space. I must always consider our differences in style. He likes modern and masculine, and I like eclectic, old and "charming." Use florals in moderation, it can't be too pretty... :) One thing that I know for sure is that Joaquin appreciates "the best use of space." He is more practical than I am, but his practicality is rubbing off on me. And a moment of inspiration struck last night. He was out late at the library working on this week's sermon. And that meant that I was home ALONE. (Amanda, you know what this means). I know, I know. You are thinking that I'm home alone ALL day (with Max)... Which is true, but there is something different about being home alone in the evenings. No dinner to cook or clean up after, the routine if different. And generally I try to get as much of the mundane tasks done during the day so I can spend time with my man once he gets home. So I worked away at shuffling furniture between the family room and Max's room. I wanted to visually open up our family room space more. The tall dark bookcases were a bit too much, and beginning to look cluttered. They look much better flanking the sides of Max's crib. And now I have all kinds of places to display his toys and books and stuffed animals. Its a win-win. And so I thought. There is always that tricky part where I must wait and see if my husband agrees. But you know, I realized last night that I have grown. It did not strike me "after all was said and moved" that maybe I should think if Joaquin would like it? I considered him though the entire process. That may sound ridiculous to you, but I am a selfish opinionated girl who likes what she likes and previous to being married, did what she wanted to do when she wanted to do it. After it was all done, and I was washing dishes in the kitchen, my heart raced a little. I mean, would he like it or would I be moving it back? I heard Joaquin unlock the front door and listened as he said, "WOW." And with a big smile, "You have been very busy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember those sheepish looks of yours when I'd get home and find I walked into a pretty magazine life! AKA I considered it a major perk! I'm glad to hear you are still up to your old tricks, friend!
Aren't shelves so helpful in kid rooms? Just take my word and anchor it to the wall. Let's just say I was glad we did today...
Post a Comment