Do you hear that? If you were sitting beside me you can hear silence. Sweet silence. The baby monster finally drifted off into slumberland after an hour of stating that he was not interested. Ahh, naps, they are hit and miss. If there is one thing that I have learned from being Max's momma it is: be flexible. He has never been an incredibly consistent child. Bless his heart. He definitely keeps me on my toes. And lately, more than ever. He plays very independently, which is a huge blessing, but unfortunately I have to always keep my eyes and ears on him. He is constantly getting into things that he should not. Does this sound familiar? Like every other baby you know? :) His attention span is very minimal so one minute he is playing nicely with his toys, and the next he is charging for my armoire cabinet that holds all my vases and table linens.
Always scratching at his rashy ankles. Poor guy got his momma's skin issues.
Our friends Alissa and Elijah came to visit! So fun to watch our busy little boys together.
Things Max is up to lately:
- Clapping his hands. It is so cute to watch when he hears hands clapping on tv, he joins in.
- Walking along the couch.
- Opening cabinet doors. Like crazy.
- Giving a High Five. This is a new trick taught to him by friends. Adorable.
- The Gator Roll. When he wants down, he gives no warning, just flings himself back and twists so fast.
- He loves yogurt, its a new favorite. Yumyum. He will even point to the yogurt container if I switch back and forth between it and fruit. He has preferences! Most of the time he "talks" while eating. "MmMmm duhda nNNnahkKA."
- We are still dealing with a major sensitive gag reflux, so no food with texture yet. And no sign of teeth :).
- He eats much better if he is given something to play with. Sitting still just ain't his forte.
- His hair is getting pretty long in the back and I fear the day I will have to cut his curls. I do not want to be that mom that has a fro-baby with mullet hair, but now I get why they do it. I so get it. Sweet baby curls.
- He is starting to play little baby games with us--when he likes something (like being tickled) he comes back for more. This makes us laugh to no end.
- Sadly, we have began to move past the "jumper" phase. He wants to crawl and move about and is not so content to stay in one location for long. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment