
Our little one is finishing his first round of antibiotics. We have had colds come and go over the past few months, but a virus last week did him in and brought with it an ear infection and rvs. One thing I have certainly learned through this is that I am so thankful that my boy isn't sick all the time, that in a few days he is back to his chipper self. There are parents whose children suffer from much worse than common colds and ear infections. It is such an awful feeling to watch your baby cry in pain and discomfort and not be able to do much about it. I am extremely thankful that I did not catch whatever yucky bug he had. I certainly had every opportunity to do so, as Max has a knack for sneezing and coughing directly into my mouth. Escaping that bug is what I call grace... Grace to take care of my sick baby, and rock him late into the morning.
Grace to clean up all his messes, with the energy to do it.
Grace to not have to take time off of work to do so.
Grace that this ear infection is just temporary.
And grace to watch him thrive once again, charging full speed ahead like a lion cub towards my china cabinet.
1 comment:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear things got worse after you left. I wondered because it sure got the best of us for almost a week! 'Twas a nasty one! I'm glad he is feeling better now. :)
Post a Comment