Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lately


So lately my head and heart have been so full. The days are busy and precious, and sweet, most of the time. Monday afternoon I had this moment that felt so unbelievably perfect. I was sitting in my living room as a cool breeze drifted through the front screen door. Max was napping, and all I could hear were the chirps and soft songs of the birds outside. Our neighborhood is so very quiet during the day. I was sitting still on the couch and feeling so completely at peace with myself and the world around me. This is significant as I cannot recall the last time I truly felt this way. The past couple of years have been chock full of transition and changes galore and I have not handled it all very well. Add to that two pregnancies, a few moves... aaand I just couldn't imagine arriving here. At this peaceful place. My days are not always perfect, some still colored by struggle, but I see God in the midst of it, threads of hope wrapped around me from head to toe. He has come for me. Me. And I am changed because of it.

Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."

2 comments:

the rusty artichoke said...

this makes me so happy, my friend. you are beautiful. i love you! hugs while i'm gone in colorado!

Unknown said...

Love this. You are exactly where you were meant to be, through it all.