Friday, December 14, 2007

Bubble Yum

When Joaquin picked me up from work earlier this week, there was a cheery red poinsettia plant sitting in the front seat to greet me. The feeling of joy that rushed up from the depths of my heart took me way back and brought an immediate smile to my face... I don't have too many vibrantly detailed childhood memories. Not like my brother. He was always really good at remembering details of our holidays and family gatherings and conversations. Especially when we were both in trouble. :) But this poinsettia surprise reminded me of when I was a little pig-tailed pipsqueak pre-schooler. Mom would come to pick me up from school and it was the absolute BEST time of the day. The anticipation of her imminent arrival and the knowledge that we would soon be whisked away from that place was enough. But oftentimes she would surprise me with a single piece of grape BubbleYum bubble gum waiting for me on the front seat. Oh the delight!! I would eagerly unwrap it and stuff it into my mouth. JoyJoy. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to please children? I want to continue to have that ability-- to express great joy at all the blessings, whether large or small, that God leaves on my seat.

No comments: