Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Curtains and Pillows

Anyone who knows me, most likely knows that I have a strong affinity for pillows. I am just so drawn to their fluffy softness. And I love that a few new throws can dramatically change the look of a space. A dreary boring old couch can change to fabulous in seconds! Its all about the pillows. Trust me. When shopping, I manage to almost always find myself in the aisles that are overflowing with these fluffy accents. And whoever is with me generally rolls their eyes. Yes, its true, I DO have about seven extra throw pillows in my closet right now... You are right, I do not NEED any more... But check these lovelies out! Joaquin has approved of them because they are replacing the velvet-ey/jewel bedecked (too girly) ones that have resided on our bed. I got them on clearance at my favorite store, Target, using a b-day giftcard, no less:

As I was doing laundry this past Saturday, I started taking a look at our curtains... We got some really nice curtains as wedding gifts and they provide such a homey touch to our non-descript apartment walls. We have two sets, a bluish-green in the family room, and a tan-khaki color in our bedroom. Well, taking note of the colors in my new pillows, I decided to switch out the curtains for a new affect (that, and I wanted to test Joaquin's observation skills! :). Well, he passed!... First thing he said when we entered the apartment later that day (even while he was mid-sentence on a different topic) was, "Hey! You changed the curtains!" Shoot, I can never sneak anything by him! :) I will never be that wife that sneaks a new shoe or skirt purchase in here or there unnoticed. He remembers practically all the details. Well, I am thankful that he pays attention, for sure!

I am really liking Victoria Hagan's decorative line at Target these days! Check it out (click on link).

2 comments:

Michele said...

CUTE PILLOWS!!!! I love those! I hope to see your new curtains sometime soon!

Maureen said...

They are really cute! And kudo's to your hubby for noticing. Doug probably wouldn't. :) Of course I bought all sorts of new stuff while he was gone and by the time he got back (15 months later) he had no idea what we'd had before and what was new.