Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Painting and Such

Well, well. Lots been goin on here in our neck of the 'hood. Last Saturday began more projects around our new home. Unfortunately, they have not ended as we had liked. But there is hope. I had some issues with the paint I put up on the kitchen walls. After a talk with dad last night, I think we are good, just a few tweaks needed. The color if a happy shade of celery green. I was able to update two matching lamps by spray painting them black. They were placed on either side of our bed and given new white lampshades.

Observations from life lately:

1. I LOVE that my three year old nephew cannot correctly pronounce "Pappy" as in "My Grandpappy." Instead, when trying to get my father in law's attention he says, "HAPPY!? Happy!! Where is me Happy?" *sigh* If you have ever met my fatherinlaw, you would know how very fitting that label is.

2. I love my home and I love my husband. Sometimes I love the former so much it feels my heart may burst.

3. Life has suddenly started feeling more settled, more in the groove, in a very good way. I'm sure this will all change once Joaquin starts his Hebrew class next week.

4. I love college students. I love their idealism, their angst, their passion and their openness to growth. Its a rare and valuable stage in life, these precious years. School is about to start here on campus and everything's alive again. I love how you can always tell who the Freshman are by the look in their eyes... A mix of fear, expectation, adventure, and excitement. But mostly fear. In just a couple years, they will be so changed. I almost know what a mom feels when watching her children grow.

5. God is so patient with me. I am so never half the woman I have planned. And He loves me and uses me for His good purpose anyhow.

No comments: