BOY!!
We had an ultrasound last Wednesday that went very well. The little guy is healthy and active and completely precious. We are so proud! His name is Maximo Joaquin-- and we shall call him "Max," amongst other names :). Joaquin told me on our first date that he wanted to name his first son after his great grandfather, Maximo. This great grandfather is a family hero, and helped make it possible for his family to move the the US for a better life. I thought it was pretty funny at the time, I mean who talks about such things on first dates? Perhaps he was testing the waters :). However, I recalled my dad having told my mom that his first son was to be named "Jericho" (and so it was)-- so I figured, when a man knows, a man knows! And oh, how little Max has such a spot in my heart. I melted into puddles when we saw him yawn and stretch on the ultrasound screen. Joaquin simply floated a few feet off of the ground the entire rest of the day. Call me old-fashioned, but there is something entirely satisfying about giving your husband a son.
2 comments:
A boy! A boy! A beautiful baby boy! How wonderful! And the name Max - oh my how I love it. Ever since I used to read my baby brother "Where the Wild Things Are" over and over, I have loved the name Max. My happiest congratulations to you!!!!!!!!
Woohoo! I love little boys. :)Douglas also came into this relationship with a predetermined firstborn son name.
Love Max. It's so cute!
Post a Comment