Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 17

This week began with another appointment with my OB. It was the fastest one yet--this doctor is a very busy woman and her schedule is packed. She asked a quick barage of questions, accompanied by a warm smile: how was I feeling? was I taking my vitamins? had I had my flu shot?... All the while motioning for me to get on the exam table so that she could check the heartbeat. I was in mid-sentence explaining my itchy skin and lower back pain when she found the heartbeat, loud and strong. That sound is simply music to a mother's ears! I could not help but smile huge, and forget everything I planned to ask her. Oh well. She told me my heels were too high and that my husband was to give me lots of back rubs. I insisted my dear shiny black Bandolinos were just fine, and besides, I did not wear them every day, and that my husband was already excellent at backrubs. She smiled as if she had heard this all before, and said I was fine to take Tylenol. Ah, pregnancy.

So, exciting news this week is that our next ultrasound is scheduled for November 30 where we get to find out who is in there: a little Garcia boy or girl. We cannot wait! Joaquin is still hoping for a boy, and while my heart has been set on a girl from the beginning, I am softening. A few friends have recently had boys and ohmygosh, are they cute! If you have been reading this blog for long, you know what I feel about my nephews... man, they are fun. So, I'm open. We all know I have a thing for flowers and soft pink things, but if God has it in mind to gift us with a boy, His plan is best. And I know I will adore the little guy with all my heart.

Oh, and because I failed to mention this earlier, and I simply must put this recommendation out there: my wonderful husband took me on a date this past Saturday afternoon to La Creperia Cafe in Long Beach. It was a delightful experience, which was added to by the sunny cool weather, and a very tasty iced Greek coffee! (Kelsey, are they the same here as there?) Check out this place, if you are local. The prices are reasonable, the crepes are delicious, and the atmosphere is so unique! You will not be disappointed.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Little boys are fantastic!!!!! And they have the most adorable clothes (can we say Gymboree overload? :) )

Amanda said...

It is so exciting to watch this all unfold over your blog. I LOVE the dress you are wearing by the way. I am writing your Nov. 30th date on my calander right now. EEEeee!!!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Jessica - you look adorable!!!! So happy that you're feeling well! Congratulations!

Kelsey said...

Probably not too different, although who ever made ME the coffee expert?! :)

You are getting big!!! I can't wait to see with my own eyes in TWO AND A HALF WEEKS! :)

xo