Since I had extra time, I sat to listen to her. And I was, am, ridiculously blessed and challenged by her perspective, her words, her reflecting the glory of God in the midst of a terminal diagnosis. Thank-you, Jesus, for what you have done. Thank-you for grace. I have been given far more than I deserve. I am loved by God, even though I so often act unlovely. I do not deserve this home, my wonderful husband, this growing boy in my belly. God is good, loving and kind, even when I do not recognize my blessings, even when life is hard, and my heart is broken. God is still Good.
There is nothing that I can do more or less to be loved more or less by God. I want that truth to take root in the depth of my heart. I can never be perfect on my own, I need a Savior. The Lord is so patient with us, that all may come to know Him. I want to know Him more.
And today and every day, I want to serve Him with joy. If you have the time, listen to Rachel's talk titled "Death is not Dying: a faith that saves."
"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."
No comments:
Post a Comment