Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Week 27
Today it is dark and blustery outside, and my mood somewhat reflects that. I want to be at home under the covers, with a hot mug of Mexican chocolate in hand, watching Pride and Prejudice. But instead, I am here warring with a new computer database. And I am tired and my back hurts and I cannot pull my keyboard tray into the right position because Max is in the way. Sooo, I feel it is time to catalog a few of my recent food favorites. It always helps to count what your thankful for when your mood is low, you know? I cannot say with much confidence that I have had any huge cravings (outside of the normal), through the pregnancy, but I certainly DO like these items a LOT (sour and spicy, anyone?):
1. Tapatio
2. Deli mustard (I have always abhorred it until now)
3. JalapeƱos
4. Oranges, mandarins, tangerines
5. Dark chocolate
6. COFFEE (this one is probably most wanted because I can only have it in very moderate amounts)
7. Mexican food
8. Starburst candy
9. Sour cream
10. Mexican hot chocolate (the cinnamon gives it a nice kick!)
11. Ken's Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (YUMMM-O!!). Oh, balsamic vinagrey-goodness! I could almost drink that stuff out of the bottle.
I am proud to say that I survived the entire holiday season only gaining TWO pounds. That is quite a feat given how good of a cook my mother is, and how many delicious treats were around my every corner. And yet my OB still made sure to tell me that I need to watch how much weight I put on... How very kind of her. If I can survive Christmas without packing it on, I think I'll be okay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Guess what I did yesterday? Watched Pride and Prejudice during the middle of the day! And I never turn the TV on during the day, NEVER. Great minds think alike, my friend.
This is an interesting list of foods. I take it you do not suffer from heartburn - yet. When and if it should rear its ugly head you may need to drop the Tapitio and jalapenos like a bad habit. Hey, how'd you get the ~ over the N in Jalapenos?
MMMmmm. You're stirring the cravings of a fellow prego. Here, here to the sour and spicy!
Post a Comment