Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here and There


Well, I can honestly say that we are loving our new home. I say it daily to Joaquin. "Gosh, we are just so blessed. I love this place."

Here are a few reasons why:

1. It is WAY cheaper than our mortgage so we know we can LIVE and breathe! And I can stay home with Max.

2. We have enough space, and then some. Well, excepting the closet situation in our bedroom... But I am working on creative solutions!

3. Max gets his own room, no sharing with the office!

4. It is charming with the original 1950's details. I pretend I am a 1950's housewife. Except I wear comfier clothes! I love the look of the hardwood floors. We are getting used to the "creaks." :)

5. We have freedom to make it our own by painting the walls.

6. I have freedom to do whatever I want in the yard (one of these days).

7. We have good neighbors and a great landlord.

8. We are within walking distance of some really beautiful homes and the main street area with shops and restaurants. On last Wednesday night we walked down to the family fair and it was so lovely.

9. Joaquin is close to work.

10. We have a fullsize water heater (we did not before), and we never fear of running out of hot water!

11. The laundry room is so close and we only share it with one other family and NO QUARTERS. The machines were provided by the landlord. Bless his heart!

12. We have a gas range and oven again! Woohoo for being able to cook with gas again! It is so much better than electric!

13. Our family room is even bigger than our last home. Good for having people over!

14. The street is QUIET. We used to live on a busy street and got used to the traffic noise, but now all we have to get used to is our neighbor's voices.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hi, I want more pictures please! :)

Michele said...

I can't wait to come visit! It sounds idyllic!!!!