We received a Lowe's gift card a month back from my grandma and it is literally burning a hole in my pocket! Well, I guess the fact that I have waited a month to spend it disproves that last statement, but anyhow, I keep wondering what to purchase next... We have spent some time talking about getting hardware for the kitchen cupboards and drawers. We think it would make a big impact, as there is currently no hardware at all on any of the drawers. But can you believe the prices on these small, hardly significant, handles? So expensive! But this gift card can help in that area. The following pictures are inspiration for me. I am loving the black & white kitchens I see. Perhaps this has something to do with the new fabric we have chosen to cover our dining chairs. I look forward to showing you pictures of that project soon!

I am sloooowlyyy finishing the painting of our dining room set. The last two chairs gave me all sorts of problems which was pretty discouraging. On top of that, originally I planned to paint the table legs black and keep the top brown, but I really do not think that would look best any longer. So that means a LOT more work for me. Boohoo.
Ok, so a new thing I'm loving that appears to be a trend forming is the white subway tiles. I am seeing them everywhere in decorating mags and on hgtv. The picture above and below are both taken from
House Beautiful. *sigh*

Love the blue & green accents.
No comments:
Post a Comment