Hello All! I have worked so hard at putting up a little video tour of our home decorated for Christmas. All to no avail! Something is amiss with my camera. Its really disappointing. Still pictures are not nearly as fun. Just know, we are ready for Christmas (well, except for the presents)!! Our home is full of Christmas cheer. :)The day after we got our tree, my friend Laura came over and helped me decorate it as Joaquin had class. He is not as concerned about the decorating as the tree itself. In fact, he takes tree shopping very seriously. A bit more seriously than I... My style, once I hit the tree lot, is to grab the nearest one that looks straight and has a cheap price tag and head for the check-out. Douglas or Noble, I care not. As long as it looks fresh and smells good, I'm happy. In fact, I get a real kick out of quirky trees. Ones that you can make fun of a bit. :) It probably comes from great childhood memories of quirky Christmas trees that Jericho and I loved to laugh about.

So, Laura happily agreed to help me "pretty-up" our tree as we watched my favorite Christmas movie, "White Christmas." Thankfully she likes it too, and her husband gets as much joy out of it as mine does. :) I have found that "girl time" is very important, especially when you are married. "Guy time" is equally important too, which is why I'm more than happy when Joaquin likes to get together with his guys to watch UFC every now and then. I understand that old movies filled with silly characters who periodically burst forth in lovely song and dance are not his favorite thing. In fact, I might be worried if he loved this movie as I do. And in turn, I think it would bother Joaquin some if I was just "one of the boys" who enjoyed cheering on the gory glory that is UFC. I would rather clean my toilet, thanks!
Don't you just love the black & red combo?! Laura and I reflected often upon the ladies hair-dos as well as their undergarments. What is with the triangles? There are days when I have wished I was born in a different era, but watching this movie makes me thankful for modern advances in both areas... I may have hair issues, but at least I am socially presentable after running a straight-iron through it a few times before heading out the door. These poor women must of spent forever on their coiffure. No thanks! But their dresses, on the other hand!!! Oh-SO pretty!
2 comments:
I love White Christmas! I just saw it for the first time last year - it's now going to be one of my traditions!!!
I just put up a pic of Amanda taken tonight...she's due tomorrow!!! :)
Jessica- your post is so Christmassy--I have often wished I lived back then, too!!! he he he!!!
Post a Comment