Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thoughts and lists and things to do...


Ok, so time is tickin' away! Just a few days left of work before we here at Biola are blessed with almost two weeks off! I definitely am needing a vacation. I find myself letting little things at work bother me that really shouldn't. Time away always helps give perspective. Lots of my coworkers are sick too and that puts everyone on edge a bit. I hope to stay away from their germs.

In the days coming up, we have just a few more presents to buy and I have a LOT of baking to do... Do you recall these cinnamon rolls from last year? Once you have tasted them, they are hard to forget. This year I am so excited to have lots of extra counter space for rolling out the dough. Last year I had to roll it out on the dining table which proved to be quite difficult and not a bit fun. I have cookie boxes to fill too. I got the idea from a Paula Deen holiday special show. I'll have to show pictures afterward. Deciding what cookies to bake has proved to be a challenge this year. Typically I make a ton of sugar cookies, but I have seen so many of those already, that I think I want to do something different.

I have a few packages to mail to our family that we will not be with this Christmas. I have brought them with me to work every day this past week, but until now, I have met with many obstacles, including much wind and rain, in getting them to our mail office. So today I hope to get them sent!

All around, I feel good about approaching this Christmas season. My calendar is not overly full, I do not have too many things to do on my list, and the distractions are minimal. I look forward to simple things--to spending more time with my wonderful husband, to making nice dinners, to reading a new book. In this peaceful place my heart rests in the reality of Jesus and what He has done for us. His birth more incredible than ever before. He gave up His home in heaven to do life with us, among us. Immanuel. God with us.

"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:4-11

No comments: