
In uncertain and difficult economic times such as now, it is important to keep our thoughts on things we are thankful for. Keeping perspective by praising God for what we have, not worry about what we may lose, is what we want to be about. In the end, God is in control over all these things anyways. He gives and He takes away. It is harder to understand the latter, but we must then learn to trust.
1. We have a brand new AC/Heater unit! It works like a dream and we hope it will save us bundles on our bills each month. I must admit, the new unit on our porch is not a complete eye-sore to look at, like the old one. Our porch was given an instant face-lift once they hauled off the old unit that looked like it survived an attack in World War II.
2. Our vegetable garden is a-growin'! Its so fun to watch. I also bought an orange tree to be planted in a pot. Its blossom's sweet smell are so delicious.
3. Joaquin gives me more reasons to fall more in love with him each day.
4. Our weather here is breathtakingly beautiful and thanks to daylight savings time, we have an extra hour of light to enjoy it.
5. I have received quite a bit of b-day cash and have been loving the freedom to pick up things here and there with it. It reminds me of my single days (sans budget). haha. Amidst of few new items to freshen up my wardrobe for spring, I found a yummy green tablecloth, a couple new toss pillows for our couch, a happy looking jar with a spout for sun tea, and more plants! Yay!
6. We both have really good jobs. Actually, I'll classify mine as "great." I am blessed. We are so thankful that in spite of quite a few lay-offs, Joaquin still has his job.
7. Tomorrow I learn how to make Tiramisu (sp?) from our Tia Cris (Joaquin's aunt).
8. Next weekend I get to see my M'Chelene, my Amanda and THIS LIL ONE!!!!!
2 comments:
Are you in Salem!? How fun! Tell Amanda hi for me!!
Plus, with the new ac you aren't sucking in poisonous fibers.
Post a Comment