
While my wonderful husband hosted a gathering of men at our home to watch UFC this past Saturday, guess what I did? I hid in our bedroom with two of my favorite past times: the ironing board and a good Jane Austen movie. This time I found "Emma" online, thanks to Liz, and it was very well done! So pretty and the characters all so charming. Unfortunately, Episode 3 has yet to come online, so I have something to look forward to this next weekend! If you enjoy Jane Austen, I think this movie version of her book is better done than the Gwyneth Paltrow one from a few years back. I successfully ironed my way through a very large pile of clothing and pillow cases, much to the detriment of my ankles and feet. That's right friends, month 7 has brought swelling of the feet, and it is none too pleasant. I tried ironing with my feet up, but it didn't go so well. Well, at least our shirts are starched. :)
2 comments:
Oh man - UFC vs Jane Austin...there is no competition in my mind!
ps - I wish that I liked ironing but it is the one chore I simply detest above all others. My Mom, my Aunties, my Grandma - they all find great relaxation in ironing but I am just missing the ironing gene I think. Perhaps I need a steamer...hmmm...
Yes, I saw that Emma was going to be on PBS and it did look lovely. I guess I'll have to catch up online. Thanks for reminding me!
Aren't swollen feet and ankles so weird looking? You'd think pregnancy would at least leave your feet alone, but there they go puffing up on you. I found that the days I was up walking around were better than the days I dangled my legs over an office chair all day, though.
Post a Comment