Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Hungries have invaded

Have you seen the commercials? They crack me up every time. So far, I have managed to avoid all pregnancy cravings and such. Well, except for pizza--but that's not really true because I craved pizza before pregnancy. The only food that has been a semi-turnoff is Chinese food. Poor Joaquin. I have not been overly hungry, and have been able to eat normal portions of food. None of this, "Oh, I'm eating for two over here." Until yesterday. Yesterday, brought the Hungries. Like, the desperate kind. The kind that roars and goes "RA-RA-RAR-RAAAA!!" I do not know what Max is up to in there, but its pretty incredible and comes over like a huge wave of, "I MUST EAT NOW OR I MIGHT DIE!" I'm afraid. Today I find myself halfway through my lunch, and it is not lunch time... Let's hope this little treasure does not interfere with my weight gain schedule of only a half pound until I deliver!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Love it. Those commercials crack me up too. I find that it comes in waves. I'll be fine for weeks at a time. Then one night at 9:45 I suddenly HAVE to eat something. I think it's probably baby having a growth spurt or something.

Amanda said...

I bet he's growing lots of lovely dark curly hair and that takes it out of a guy you know. So eat up sister! Listen to your body and eat when it tells you you are hungry; just don't over do it on the pizza too much. :)

The Garcias said...

Last night I planned to crawl into bed around 10:30, but I was so starving that I had to whip up a bowl of cream of wheat cereal beforehand. I never ever eat that late. Even if I am hungry. But my midwife recommended that I eat that cereal to up my iron intake, so I figured I was doing a doubley good thing :). And Manda, I made homemade bbq chicken pizza on whole wheat dough this week to satisfy the craving. I figure that was a much better option than Costco's! :)

april said...

Ja, see? Cream of wheat ain't bad. You aren't eating a gallon of icecream or something or a pound of chocolate, y'know?

:) april

Amanda said...

Mmm! BBQ Chicken Pizza on whole wheat crust.. think I could come visit in June and you could make me some? No, no - I mean I'll come visit you in June and I'll cook for you since you will have your hands full by then..

The Garcias said...

AMANDA!!! OH GOODEEEEE!! I am jumping up and down, and Joaquin is too! He said, "Is Ben coming tooo?!"