Friday, June 25, 2010

Life with a Newborn, Pt 3




We are learning how to nap these days. It is a beautiful thing. All that Max needs is a little coaching. Looking back, knowing what I know now, we could have had the napping thing down already. But I'm learning and he is learning, and it is good. I often think about the future and how in months from now, I may look back and see things so differently. A little perspective and experience can do wonders, no? The funny thing about napping is that once Max goes down and is sleeping softly, I want to pick him up and smother him with kisses. There is something so irresistible about a baby sleeping.

I think we (read: me) are about ready to put Max into his own room and crib. But sadly enough, the monitor's battery is dead and we cannot locate the charger. Whoops. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer...

It is a joy to watch Max grow and take in the world around him. He seems to really enjoy people, and does not mind being passed around in social settings. This works well for us, as we love people too :). I hope this characteristic continues as he gets older. When I was a child I was profoundly shy and dreaded social situations. I do not want the same for Max. Especially as our near future holds promise of getting to know many more people and having them in our home. More on that later.

No comments: