Friday, June 25, 2010

A trip to Nor Cal


We survived our first longish road trip with little Max and he did so well! Mostly because he slept a majority of the way :). He takes after mom there.

Joaquin and I were super duper blessed to have a date night out while we were staying at my parent's place. They treated us to a lovely restaurant called the Sycamore, in Placerville. Mom/Grammy happily babysat the little guy while we headed out, all dressed up for a night on the town. The food was simply amazing and the night out was wonderful. Because we were far away from home, eating dinner in an old Victorian house in the mountains, it was truly relaxing in a way that we haven't had here.

Don't you like our car's ceiling? I'm horrible at taking pictures this way.


Since the weather was lovely and it stayed light til later, we took a stroll across the street of the Sycamore. We landed in a very old cemetery. Is it weird to take pictures in a cemetery? Probably, but I like the way this one turned out... Except I was standing a little too far from Joaquin and had to lean. Thats what you get when you have to set the camera timer.


No comments: