Friday, May 16, 2008

Celebrating Joaquin

This time last year I had to celebrate Joaquin from afar. I'm glad that I don't have to do that this year.

The following is an email that Joaquin sent to me while he was in India. My heart swells as I read it again and marvel at how God has blessed me so richly with this man...

May, 2007, AN UPDATE FROM INDIA, JOAQUIN-STYLE:

GOD IS SOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!!!!! Our trip has been the greatest adventure that I have ever been on. Many hours on planes, walking through muddy streets talking to strangers bring light into darkness. The team is so unified. We love each other and are totally strong in our efforts to love others. Thank you so much for your prayers. They have had a positive effect on the trip. I am learning so much. God is bigger everyday. We are more dependent and aware of His goodness everyday.

I am doing well. I should be sick in bed and completely tired from long days and weary hours, but in the goodness of God, I am doing well with energy to spare. no one has gotten sick at all. So far my stomach is a rock and handling the new foods well. It is rather tasty I must say.

I have journaled here and I want to share them with you when I get back. Some about ministry, mostly about God and His activity in our group and in my heart. You are ever on my mind, constant praying and wishing we could be close. I think of you and want to incorporate you in every conversation. I am so proud of you and have been able to share our story several times. God is good. I love our love. I see a vision of our lives that is beyond us. I dream dreams of glory and honor and power be unto His name. What a great God we serve.

Thank you for the emails. I can check them maybe once every 4 days or so, but please keep writing, I am so eager to walk the 30 minutes down the dangerous donkey ridden roads just to walk up the stairs and fit into a small cubicle to check for your next word of encouragement. Its true. I do love you. More. even more.

The guys have given me a hard time about almost being married, I love it. We have bonded so well. I show off your pic of us and they all acknowledge the beauty that God has given you. They then tease and tag me about us. Its just wonderful in a guy way. Anyway. I love you and am so certain of us I just am able to be so focused over here and ready for the Holy Spirit to work. He is gracious to us.

Stay strong my love... I am so looking forward to our life together... Your beauty captivates me. Your person draws me to Christ and oh so close to you.

My heart is yours,

mango

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Awww, aren't boys in love just the sweetest thing?

We've been blessed my friend!