Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It is Wednesday...


... And still, no keys. Due to unforeseen circumstances that are out of everyone's control, we are still waiting to sign papers and close on this new home deal. It has something to do with the loan and govt bureaucracy, don't ask me the details for I just don't understand them all. We had to request an extension. And that makes things tricky because we must be out of our apartment by this Saturday. So, we shall just continue to wait and see how God works all the details out. Our beloved sparkly new washer and dryer are set to be delivered on Friday, and the carpets are to be cleaned then as well. These highly anticipated appointments may need to be moved to another day... We are planning on packing up the truck and moving out on Saturday regardless of having a home to move into yet or not. If you might pray that the appropriate paperwork comes through so we will be able to close by tomorrow, we would totally appreciate it. I have never been homeless before. :)

You know, I must share about God's grace. This time last week I was absolutely dreading this week. We have so much going on and so many uncertainties. Joaquin had two papers to write and his final sermon to give in his preaching class (which is happening as I type this). And you know what? We have been having such a wonderful week in spite of all that. We have been able to eat dinners together every evening and last night we got to enjoy the gorgeous weather by taking a walk around the neighborhood as our Fresh&Easy lasagna was baking. I am such a blessed woman. My husband always makes me feel like his first priority, even in the midst of chaos and the weight of responsibility hanging heavy on his shoulders. I am so grateful.

2 comments:

Michele said...

We are praying!!! So glad to hear God is blessing you in the middle of such circumstances... He is good!!! And, of course- our home is always open if you need to move in! Otherwise, our hands are willing and ready to help the move on Saturday!

Maureen said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!!!