Saturday, May 17, 2008

I love babies.


I have never been a girl to shy away from babies. Ever. I was that girl that played with baby dolls far too long, I'm afraid. I was quite protective over my dolls, and had a hard time letting my little friends play with them. If we all went outside for a picnic, the dollies would hardly ever touch the ground without a soft blanket underneath them. It wasn't for fear of the dirt as much as it was a desire to nurture, and care for these little helpless creatures. Oh how I loved those soft bodied babies with floppy arms and fabric faces. They were real and precious to me. Isn't it a wonder how God built into little girls the instinct to nurture? Girls will be girls I suppose...

As I was sitting on the couch last night cuddling this tiny bundle of joy, the newest member to the Garcia family, Joaquin was sprawled across the floor. It was from that vantage point that he was attempting to engage our other little nephew. "Come on buddy, lets WRESTLE!!..." And boys will be boys.

No comments: