Monday, June 2, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Well, thanks to the help of some really great friends, we are all moved out of the Treehouse, and into a storage facility! :) It was pretty embarrassing how much stuff we (read: I) have. We filled an ENTIRE 10 by 20 ft storage unit!! Shee louise! ... Thus begins our life on the road. Haha. Not really. We are quite set-up actually, living the good life, the life of "vacationers" at Joaquin's parents place. Its quite a nice transition actually. Instead of moving to a home that would be a mess and totally chaotic/full of boxes, we are now living in a home that is well established and worry-free. We are really thankful, and enjoying these few days of rest before we must move yet again.

I'm kinda regretting that I did not take any moving pictures. I had my camera sitting out the whole time. I had it in hand as I walked out for the last time, but it was just too sad to take a shot of an empty home. Am I the only one that finds empty homes/apartments depressing? It was like all the lifeblood had been drained from the Treehouse. No colors. No sounds except the breeze coming through the plastic window blinds. **flap, flap**... I did not linger there. As I drove away from my Glencliff Street, memories made in that apartment flooded my mind. It had been a wonderful place to live. And I had left it before and returned a year later. Not this time. Onto greener pastures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica! Glad you found our blog. Yeah, Clara is pretty specail. The other kids on there are Rachael's little girl Olivia (2) and Alex's little girl Lila who is 1. Rach has a little boy named Corey who was born 3 weeks after Clara. I don't have him on the blog yet!
Feel free to be a regular on our blog! I love that people acutally read it since I actually write it. Take care!
EM