Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pretty Cookwares

Last night I had a couple errands to run and I felt like walking around a bit. Haha. :) What better place to walk around than the Whitwood Towncenter? I'm not sure that's the official name, but thats what I call it. First off, it has a wonderful Target. And anyone who knows me, knows that I can waste a significant amount of time there. My old roomie Alissa and I used to refer to it as "The Black Hole." We'd go in for toothpaste and would not surface for an hour. But getting to the point of this post... The store right next to this wonderful Target? None other than CostPlusWorldMarket. Joy of all joys! With a summer clearance sale to boot! Oh my, how I love the smell of that store. It just makes me happy. And what I found at the end of the fourth aisle in the cookware section almost took my breath away! No really, it did. I know material things should not thrill my heart so... But they were so pretty. And God has wired me to really appreciate pretty in ways others do not. And turquoise and cobalt blue! And speckled and shiny... And would you know it, thirty percent off! I picked up each piece wondering how I could possibly explain the purchase to my husband... My favorite was a water pitcher. Now, I knew I could certainly not explain that one. I read every label three times and by jove--these speckled turquoise lovelies purpose was for cooking Mexican food! How perfect! I labored over each item. Bowls, plates, mugs, pots... And I escaped with an 8 qt with a matching lid as well as a serving tray. Admittedly, the serving tray will be harder to explain, when I eventually show them to Joaquin. :) But really-- our new kitchen will benefit greatly from these! This lil pic is the only one I could find online because this set is on clearance. Am I ridiculous? Wait, don't answer that.

2 comments:

april said...

No, you are not ridiculous. I love CostPlus too--give me a holler next time you're there! I'll come walk with you! :)

R.A. said...

COST PLUS!!! WOOHOO! Now THAT is MY black hole!