Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Aloha baby!

Babies are funfunfun! Well, we move fast, I know. I had no idea before last Wednesday how our little Max's room would be decorated. Honestly, every plan I made was for a girl's room :). It did not take me long to decide that the theme must include surfing and the beach. We live in So Cal, right? You'd be surprised how difficult it is to find beach baby bedding here (for a reasonable price, mind you). We looked this weekend. I know you can register for these types of things, but we were just not inspired by anything we saw in the stores...

Enter the picture above. Joaquin loves to surf--he has all these plans to teach our kids how to surf when they are young so that they take to it easily. Since we need a place to store his board, it only makes sense to mount it in Max's room, either on the wall or ceiling. His board is blue and white and when I saw the bedding above listed on Craigslist yesterday, I just knew. Like you know when you picked a good melon. Before I even got home from work, Joaquin had sealed the deal with the owner and we purchased the comforter, the crib bumpers, dust ruffle, crib sheet, diaper hanger, laundry hamper, and window valance all for a bargain basement price of $50 (the previous owner originally paid $200)!! We picked it up last night. *swoon* Its all in great condition, a couple items have never been used, nice quality and we both equally love it. The textures are fabulous, as the boards themselves are a soft velvet fabric. And take a look at the diaper hanger on the back wall. A Hawaiian shirt! Yep, its even cuter in person.

3 comments:

Michele said...

AHHHHH!!! So cute!

Maureen said...

I just had to comment again. :) Love it! I think picking out the bedding is one of the most exciting parts of being pregnant!

Liz Harrell said...

This is so very cute! Congrats on Max, I just love that name. :)