Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thankful this week for...

1. Joaquin has perfected his Pozole, a deeelicious Mexican soup that I was ignorant of until we married. My man loves soups more than any person I have ever met. He has been working on tweaking a recipe for this for some time now, and this week he made a large batch for coworkers. Pozole generally includes hominy (yum!), pork or chicken, onions, and two kinds of chile sauce. You top it off with more diced white onion, and cilantro. Its perfect for a cold evening.

2. A short work week, and then a full week and a half off, all paid university holidays!

3. Hosting a Christmas dinner at our home tonight for the Garcias.

4. A very good service at church this past Sunday. The choir sounded lovely, and the sermon was excellent-- an ideal way to start Christmas week.

5. My home decorated for the holidays. It makes me sad to know that I have to put everything away in just a couple weeks.

6. Looking forward to spending Christmas with my family up north! I especially look forward to squeezing my mother and sitting by the fireplace at night.

7. The new shoes that Joaquin bought me for Christmas (technically I picked them out, purchased them, and brought them home to show him). I have worn them a few times already (we are such cheaters), and I LOVE them.

8. Max. My baby, kicking and stretching and letting me know he is there and growing healthy.

9. Jesus. Emmanuel. "God with us."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You must show the shoes! Do you have any ankle swelling yet?