Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I have been listening lately to people process their thoughts and feelings about the Christmas season. I hear a diversity of experiences, an array of feelings from high to low, and those in between. The holidays can be such a difficult time for some, remembering loved ones lost, or loved ones that are far off. My heart aches for some, and rejoices with others. Today I appreciated this woman's words, in her post, "Expecting the Absurd." The following quote is powerful:

"
We all are loved, all pregnant with our mistakes but not slaves to them because of a stable baby. Like the careful work of wiping a newborn clean, He does it. We're God's prizes and daughters and sons and it's so good."

I would encourage you to read the entire post found here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very, very lovely. Thank you for sharing that!