Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Right Thoughts

"Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."

~Robert Louis Stevenson

I found the above quote today and I appreciate its simplicity. Maybe its because I love the daily duties of life. The laundry, the ironing, making chocolate pudding for my husband, a new recipe found, sweeping the porch. Many people think I'm a bit odd. perhaps. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be happier in another decade? But that's silly, I know, because I'd want to take a lot of things with me back in time. Like Joaquin, for example, he'd have to come too. And blogs, I love blogs... wait...

No comments: