I am copying an email from my mom this morning and then my response. :)
"Lynn Hallimore" on Monday, July 7, 2008 at 9:06 AM -0800 wrote:
So – how did it feel to sleep in your own fully air conditioned condo? Did you know where you were when you first woke up? Did you immediately throw a load of towels into your new washer - just cuz? Did you cook a gigantic breakfast and toss the forks in the dishwasher? Did you skip out to the car parked in your own garage?
Love - Mom
Dear Mom,
Good Morning! OH MY :)!! It felt SO wonderful to sleep in our own sweet soft bed last night! We have missed it so much. I slept like a log. And that may be partly due to the fact that I am working so much harder than I do on a regular- day basis. Having the A/C is fabulous too, but it cools down so much at night that we did not require it. Instead, we put on the fan and opened our slider door a bit. Simply lovely. I must say that I really appreciate my new vanity area. I wasn't sure that I'd like it much, but that huge mirror and all that counter space?! How could a girl not?? ... and my closet right there! Its perfect. I have put white fluffy rugs on the floor and a pretty pink flower picture with a pale blue frame alongside a classic brushed silver lamp stand with a crisp white lampshade up against the mirror. My black hall tree that Carly's mom made, with the wonderful antique white hardware that you gave me, stands in between the counter and my closet. On it hangs the snappy navy blue bridesmaid dress that is a size too small, in all its glory-- providing me inspiration for my weight loss goals :). I potted a spikey plant there on the counter in a pale blue pot and the whole thing is lovely and girly. And I'm free to be girly because its my space! Well, I have claimed it anyhow :). teehee... Joaquin is free to claim the garage, I will not be offended in the least bit!
It was so fun to walk just a few steps to our garage and drive off to work. :) The garbage man came today, which is great because we have HEAPS of trash. Its weird because in our complex no one has the same sized trash cans? Odd. And people just put out stuff that is outside the cans too. Kinda gross, but oh well. We will need to find a way to recycle. We will experiment with this trash man and see just how much we can get away with throwing away--and possibly invest in a larger can. :) The drive to work was shorter than I thought, which is great! I gave myself almost a half hour to leave from home and be at my desk, and I arrived a few minutes early. Not bad at all.
The direct tv and land line and all that jazz were installed early this morning. Hurray for our own HGTV! And the tile guy has started to work away at our new shower. When that project is finished we will feel a lot more "at home" here. Until then, we will continue to take our showers at Tosh & Luz's. So thankful for their hospitality!
And lastly--praise the Lord for the new washer & dryer! :) I lovelove it. Is it wrong to love an appliance? I have washed at least five loads already. And everything comes out fluffy and soft and smelling like April Rain. I have always enjoyed laundry duty and now it is even more fulfilling because I can do it in the comfort of our very own and spacious kitchen.
We have so much to be thankful to God for--we are just about bursting at the seams.
Love you mucho,
sis
2 comments:
Ok I just had to tell you that I too have a bridesmaid dress hanging in my closet that's a size too small prompting me to move forward with my weight loss goals, lol! Yours is navy blue, mine is chocolate brown! Chocolate, it's ironic that I probably won't be having any of that for the next 5 weeks... Well anyway, let's do it together you and I, go team!
Jessica -- saw your blog listed on myspace. I knew you were a sweetheart, but I must say, you are SO SWEET! I love the tone of your blog. It's full of love and wonder and kindness. You're going to love to read back on this when you've been married a few years... to see how the first year went. Good luck to you both!! And congratulations on your new home.
Post a Comment