Friday, September 26, 2008

I am a big Nerd

... And it was much worse in college. My friends can attest to this. I had lunch with coworkers yesterday and we were reflecting on our college selves... I could not help but chuckle at myself. I'd like to say that I have come a long way, but I'm just not sure.

Proof:
* I sought out the professors lunch table in the cafeteria. Can you get much nerdier? They always had the best conversations! I loved to add fuel to the fiery feud between the head of the English department and the head of the Psych department. For various reasons, they always seemed to be at some merry sort of war. I found this oddly delightful. Their witty banter was the best.

*I belonged to a book club. In college. As if I did not have quite enough to read for classes. And I loved it.

* Maureen, this one is for you... a jaunt down memory lane :)... I adored my "History of Russia" class, and consequently, my prof loved me too. After a midterm, he actually read one of my essay responses aloud to the whole class as an example. Given that it was a small class, and I was pretty much the only one eagerly engaged in the material, I'm sure they knew whose test it was. It was one of my nerdier moments.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh my gosh I HATED that class! Not because of the teacher or the students...but Russia just does NOT interest me. I took it because it filled a slot that was empty.

Don't worry...I'm still a nerd. :)

Angie said...

Isn't that nerdy streak why we got along so well? :D

The Garcias said...

Angie, I do believe you are correct :).