Hi Friends!!Gosh, I have been busy! Time often gets away from me and I lay in bed wondering how on earth other people do it. I mean, my life seems so normal to me, yet I do not accomplish half of what I set out to do. For example, I have been planning on posting pics from my Oregon adventure... I will still do that. My blog friends must see how adorable my Manda and her growing lil Evelyn are doing. Isn't "Evelyn" just the sweetest girl's name? I guess it is doubly sweet because I picture her with curly red hair and freckles and a tiny pixie nose. Anyway, it was a good visit, and I shall post about that later.
New news: Joaquin taught his last lesson to the college group at our church last night. Well, at least for now, he may be asked later on for a guest appearance. Joaquin stepped in as the leader the past four months until the new college pastor arrived. Last night he gave a really good message on growing in our walk with Christ, the final in a three part series. I was completely proud of him and all googley-eyed. It was the best sermon I have heard him give, to date, though I imagine there are many better in store in the future... I think he wanted to "go out with a bang!" He actually had a student come up to him afterward and say, "You are the best speaker I have ever heard!" :) That felt good. More than anything, it really means something to get affirmation for something that you pour so much of your heart into. Its like that for a lot of things, I guess. But in ministry, you rarely hear the appreciation you are looking for, and you must continue to give it to the Lord. Sometimes you have to let go of questions like, "Am I making an impact here? Am I getting through to these people?" So, I consider that my job to answer those questions as best I can for Joaquin. I'm there, I see it, and I let him know it. That's the beauty of doing ministry together. We are a little sad to be stepping down from this ministry, even though it means Joaquin will be able to breathe again. I think we may stick around some so we don't miss the kids, but now that Joaquin won't be teaching on top of his FT job, swimming, and SCHOOL, life should be easier.
Ok, so you all must know by now that I'm a gal that loves a great deal. After much laboring about what oh WHAT to do, I decided to cut my own hair. Yes, Amanda, just like the old days :). I cut three inches off and had Joaquin cut the back. He was reluctant at first, but after it was done, he seemed pretty pleased. I must admit, there is something quite thrilling about cutting one's own hair, I understand why kids do it. And I spent my money I had saved on new clothes and new rugs for the kitchen. A gal has her priorities!! The pic above shows the new "do." And sometime this week I plan to connect up with one of the girls from college group to add some layers. All in all, I like it a lot. And being that it was FREE made me like it even more.
2 comments:
Love the hair do!
I can't wait to see pictures of Manda's belly!! And hear all about your adventures.
It's so nice that the two of you are partners in a ministry like that. My dad has taught Bible class in my hometown church for years and it was always helpful for him to get our feedback afterwards. It has always amazed me that sometimes the very best speakers have no idea how talented they are.
Love love love the hair!
Post a Comment