The delicious smell of rain on concrete woke me up this morning... Well, that combined with the crashing of ocean waves sounding from our alarm clock :). The rain smell softly blew through the back screen door and swept up to my tangled mess of blue sheets and white blanket. I sat straight up, breathing deeply that scent that I have wanted for so long, wide awake and eager for the day. A blessing on a Monday morning! I have ached for rain to come, even if it be just a few sprinkles. Today my prayer was answered, though who knows if it will stay... Joaquin had left me with the whole bed to myself, a luxurious thing for a gal who likes to sleep sprawled cross ways. He trains in the early mornings on a competitive swim team (I am awfully proud of him). Side note: my man disdains tucking the top sheet in at the foot of the bed and I am forever at war with the bed covers. But today I had no time for such matters. It had rained!!You know what makes the smell of rain on concrete even better? Coffee brewing. Oh, it was a very good morning.
The clouds this morning were breath-taking. I did not have my camera with me today, but I shot a similar scene a few years back on my walk into work (above).
"The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1
1 comment:
Rain washes things clean. It is the necessary partner to the sunshine in making things grow.
I love you, Jessica! Thanks for your note!
Post a Comment